Wednesday, February 2, 2011

To Whom It May Concern.

Saw the most gorgeous painting at Mandarin Gallery a few weeks ago. No piece of art has ever struck me like this one. 12000 sing...I can keep dreaming.

To Whom It May Concern:

The paint seems to abhor the canvas,

protruding from its fabric foundation,

amending the canvas’s texture

from the crosshatching marks of woven thread

to the soft, fluid feel

of paint.

A glance discerns nothing but chaos

restrained by a rectangle’s limits;

Yet still, this rectangle is commodious enough to encourage this chaos

made by thick, turbulent strokes

of paint.

To interpret the serenity of water lilies

blossoming out of a somber, murky pond

in such a vociferous style is, I must admit, shocking;

gracefully, this artist has created an organized storm.

By interring a pastel Monet water lily

in favor of a three-dimensional leaf

sculpted only through passion

and paint,

my mind is electrified.

And so I plead: ‘The price of the object in question is quite voluminous. Would you please consider a discount?”



No comments:

Post a Comment